- Hair Care
- Skin Type
- Body Care
- Skin Type
Organic Hair Shampoo
Organic Hair Conditioner
Hair Care Combos
Organic Hair Oil
Organic Face Oils
Organic Lip Balm
Organic Sheet Masks
Organic Face Mask
Organic Facial Kit
Organic Face Cream
Organic Face wash
Organic Face Serum
Apple Cider Vinegar
Essential Oil Combos
Organic Essential Oils
1000 to 1999
2000 to 2999
Know the difference between Herbal, Ayurvedic, Natural and Organic Products.
Have you been to the market intending to buy an eco-friendly product? And you ended up in a dilemma seeing all kinds of labels; 100% Natural, Organic, Herbal, and Ayurvedic? If your answer is yes, then don’t worry as a lot of people get confused between these product categories. In order to provide you with more clarity, we’ve explained the properties and their respective benefits between these product categories.
Although these products have become very popular with Indian consumers, there’s still confusion when it comes to the base difference as many properties of these products seem to overlap.
– The word Herbal originated from the medieval Latin liber herbails (“book of herbs”).
– Herbal products are composed with the extracts from plants, leaves and flowers, etc.
– These products are also useful for improving one’s health and various therapeutic reasons.
– All herbal products are claimed to be free of chemicals. However, it involves pesticides for growing the ingredients for these products.
– Ayurveda is a Sanskrit word which means “life knowledge”, and it is known for its natural ways to treat conditions.
– Ayurvedic products have their origin from ancient medical science.
– These products are formulated using various indigenous herbs. However, the composition of ayurvedic products also contains heavy metals like sulphur, gold, silver, tin, copper, mercury and even some animal ingredients.
– These products are manufactured with nature-derived ingredients such as plants and minerals.
– Natural products are formulated without the involvement of petroleum or mineral oil derived ingredients. Further, these products are free of preservatives, synthetic fragrance and other additives.
– However, other chemicals are used to enhance these natural ingredient’s growth, including pesticides and chemical fertilizers.
– These products are made from natural ingredients and are free from any toxic chemicals such as pesticides, fertilizers and herbicides.
– The ingredients are derived from plants that are grown with a few approved methods, including biodiversity conservation, cultural integration and ecological balance promotion.
– For organic products, healthy fertile soil is developed to replace nutrients from the land by previous crops, while adding organic materials to the soil such as compost.
– Organic products are not tested on animals which implies that they are cruelty-free.
|Made from plants, leaves and flowers.||Made from herbs and heavy metals etc.||Made from plants and minerals||Made from natural ingredients|
|Free from chemicals. However, pesticides are used for the growth of the plant.||Contain toxic levels of metal||Fertilizers are used for growth of the plants||Free from fertilizers, pesticides, and herbicides etc|
|No global or local standards available to ensure purity||Global and local; standards available in India to ensure purity||Global and local standards available to ensure purity but not everywhere||Many Global and local standards available to ensure purity|
Are Organic and Natural skin care products the same?
If you think that natural and organic are the same thing, the answer is no. Natural skincare is formulated with ingredients derived from nature, but it might contain artificial ingredients that can’t be grown naturally. And there is no supervision over it
On the other hand, organic beauty products undergo rigorous testing standards to ensure 100% purity. These products are supervised by certified bodies such as EcoCert, NaTrue, OneCert, which makes these beauty products incredibly gentle, safe and potent.
While organic products go through many testing standards, not all of them are purely organic. Governing bodies allows products with at least 60-70% organic material also to pass as “organic.” However, the products at Organic Harvest are made up of 100% organic ingredients. From the procurement of raw materials to the finished result, all Organic Harvest products go through a stringent, Earth-friendly, quality control process to ensure there is no trace of synthetic and harmful ingredients.